FOXNews.com

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Walker will propose stripping collective bargaining rights from state workers

I will have to disagree with chasinthenews.

The state and local workers will have jobs with decent pay and benefits. The "entitlements" that state workers have enjoyed for so many years are over. It goes like this, here is a job, your benefits are this, take it or leave it just like us in the private sector. I hear the I took less to work for the state than I would have in the private sector for the benefits argument all the time.

BLAH BLAH BLAH.

I have worked at my current job for 12 years and have 6 weeks of vacation. I have been offered jobs numerous times for more money yet chose the vacation as it suits my lifestyle. My choice. Do to the economy I have not had a raise in 3 years I stayed. My Choice. We had our 401k matching taken away. I stayed. My choice.

You have a choice. Take it or leave it.

Here's the link from madison.com

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Question: will the republicans have the testicular fortitude to pass this? Fitzgerald boys say this is what we need and there are no more options. Some others have said this is too extreme. Time will tell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not have a problem with State Workers getting less , having to pay more for insurance, retirement etc...

    It is the manner in which he is going about it that is wrong. Taking away the collective bargaining for those items.

    Is he afraid he could not win if he had to sit down at the table with them?

    Evidently it also effect Teacher's Unions. I am not for how these Unions sock it to the school districts every time contract time comes around.

    How ever it is concerning because not all teacher's make a lot ( younger teachers) and the one thing they can hang their hat on is insurance and retirement plan. So if they lose a good part of these what is the incentive for retaining and bringing in new , fresh teachers?

    It surely is not the pay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So when the labor and managemnet sit down together at the table it does not bother you that management can do 1 of 2 things if they disagree with labor's demands; (1) go to arbitration [with a 75% failure rate] or, (2) give in to the demands. Meanwhile the labor side can threaten a strike, which they have done early and often. How in the hell is that working it out at the table?

    Young teachers...it is called paying your dues. Young doctors and lawyers do not make crap either and they have much more education!

    ReplyDelete