FOXNews.com

Monday, February 14, 2011

Walker won't back down from plan to remove collective bargaining rights, unions fight back

I don't think he should. Maybe he could have went about it differently. Opened negotiations publicly let the public see if the unions and I quote Marry Bell "(we) understand the situation" . When they fell apart as I believe they would have then public perception would have swayed his way. Either way this is a must to start getting us out of the hole our state government has put is in.

Here's an interesting part of the article on the average cost to each state employee:

To help offset the average 8 percent increase in costs for state employees under his plan, Walker has promised no furloughs or layoffs. He also wants to make it illegal for public employees to be forced to pay union dues, something he said would save some workers hundreds of dollars a year.

So what's the real problem here? An 8% decrease in PRE-TAX income or union brainwashing?  

Here it is from gazettextra.com

3 comments:

  1. He definitely could have gone about it differently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously there has been talks, why do you think on Feb 8th WEAC made a 180 degree change on their stance on pay according to merit? That’s because they were trying to bully Gov Walker and he didn’t take it, they saw this coming and scrambled to save what they knew he was going to take away. All I can say is, about time. I’m in the military and I get evaluated every year, bad eval equals termination. For 30 years, bad eval for teachers equaled, oh well, I’m tenured, and you can’t touch me. Not all teachers are like that, but there are more than a few.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "oh well, I’m tenured, and you can’t touch me"

    Name a school district that uses a tenure system, please.

    ReplyDelete